Save the Dates the SBHANA Casino April 30, 2020 and May 1st, 2020.
Casinos are a vital way for the Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Northern Alberta (SBHANA) to raise funds that help to operate and deliver strong and viable member programs and services to the northern Alberta spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus community. You are invited to volunteer, and we hope you will consider supporting your local SBHANA!
If you are interested, here’s what you need to know….
- Volunteering at a Casino is easy and FUN!
- An experienced Casino advisor and Countroom advisor are on hand at ALL times to train, oversee and support the volunteers!
- There are also many other experienced volunteers and casino staff available to ensure you are comfortable and enjoy this experience; you don’t need experience!
- All volunteers must be over the age of 18 and must not have a criminal record.
- Food is provided to volunteers free of charge!
- The SBHANA requires a minimum of 35 volunteers to run this Casino successfully.
- Volunteers do NOT NEED to be SBHANA members; bring your friends & family to help out!
- Volunteers are accepted on a first come, first serve basis for available shifts. If you volunteer for both days, you must work in the same position, e.g. you cannot work as a cashier one day and chip runner the next.
- The money you are raising is going to support a great cause, so ENJOY!
If you are interested in volunteering for the 2020 Casino please Click on the following link to Sign Up for a Casino position:
Please Click on the following link to fill out the AGLC Volunteer Application:
The Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus Association of Northern Alberta works in conjunction with Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission to enable the SBHANA to host a casino every 18-24 months. This provides SBHANA with an opportunity to raise the majority of the funds that we use to run the organization and our various programs throughout the next two years. For example, support fund requests are granted through casino funds. We also use this money to supplement our office expenses, the SBHANA scholarship program, research opportunities, Camp Freedom, and much more.